This is my seventh outline
This is an outline of “The Proper Care and Feeding
by Laura Schlessinger Page
by Page 166-180
By Hiroko Kikuchi
1. Work Vs. Family
- Wife need to be grateful they the husband is
working hard for the family.
- Dr. Laura stated that men working over hours are
making sure that the family wouldn’t face financial problem. Therefore,
the wife shouldn’t complain about the husband not spending enough time
with the family.
- Difficult call, because I feel that the money is
important, but time with family I also important.
- Example: Caller Jennifer. Problems between
Jennifer (house wife) and her husband, who is very busy physician.
2. You knew it!
- Wife could not expect her man to become
“domesticated” when he gets married.
Wife should know whom
she is marrying into. Women can’t just expect men to change their life styles
because they are married men.
How about women? Women
are expected to take care of her husband when she is married, but men don’t
need to change?
Example: Caller on Page.
3. Guy Time
- Men need some time away from the family to
become better man.
- Dr. Laura claimed that the men need some time
away from femininity and domesticity to keep men’s masculinity.
- If men are allowed to have some time away from
their family, how about women? Maybe women need some time away from their
family to relax?
- Example: Letter from Keith