FINAL PROJECT TAPE
due: Thu. May 10.
University of Hawaii (Manoa)
Instructions: Choose one
of the three categories (1,11,111).
Discuss all six sub-topics. Follow the outline given.
Use any format for presentation, as in midterm tape.
III. SPIRITUAL SELF (Van Dusen-Swedenborg TOPICS)
6. SPIRITUAL LOVE
5. GOOD & TRUTH
4. HEAVEN & HELL
2. HIGHER & LOWER ORDERS
1. GOING WITHIN
II. REFLECTIVE SELF (Lectures & Generational Curriculum TOPICS)
6. POSITIVE & NEGATIVE BIAS METHODOLOGIES
5. FOOD or HEALTH BEHAVIOR
4. DRIVING BEHAVIOR or DREAMS
3. THE THREEFOLD SELF
2. THEORIZING IN SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
1. COMMUNITY & CRIME
I. AUTOMATIC SELF (Krupat Readings & Conversations TOPICS)
6. MORALITY (Aggression & Altruism)
5. HEALTH & ILLNESS
4. ENVIRONMENT & CITY
3. LOVING & LIKING or MALE & FEMALE
1. ATTRIBUTION or DISSONANCE THEORY
Outline for tape (30 mins., plus or minus 5 mins.)
1. Your name and background.
2. What were the 3 categories you could pick from; why did you pick the category you chose; what attracts you to it?
3. Give an outline of your tape.
4. Define six sub-topics in order from 1 to 6; give examples for each.
5. Discuss your first & subsequent reactions to hearing of these sub-topics.
6. How did you explore or study these topics or concepts ( e.g., observations on self & others, talking to friends about it, read more on it, reflect & study, etc.)?
7. Construct a broad and viable definition for Social Psychology now, and for the future; what would be good methods to use?
8. Conclusions & Afterthoughts: listen to your tape & discuss it with friends, then give final remarks (how has it affected you; any advice or suggestions to the future listeners to your tape?).
9. Sign off.
10. Put title on the label with your name and number & semester
Reminders: Use good quality tape. Erase or use blank Make sure sound of voice is strong. Keep background music (if any) at a minimum intensity. Vary your voice quality to express emotion or affect. Talk to listener who is a fellow student and needs your help and encouragement. Cite references or sources or book titles so listener can obtain information. Make tape over several days rather than one sitting (bat this is only a suggestion). Hand in before due date & get a credit point.