Psych 6611╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩ Psycholinguistics & Ethnosemantics ╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩ Fall 1982
1. What makes discourse analysis possible?
2. Specify the three levels of discourse analysis.
3. Is artificial intelligence possible?
4. Produce a brief dialog segment (3-4 lines) and analyze it.
5. Produce a scientific paragraph and analyze it.
6. Produce a brief letter or note and analyze it.
7. Describe a speech act from each of the three levels.
8. State the principal psychological assumptions of discourse
9. Relate psychodynamics to speech act theory.
10. Relate psychotherapy to transcript analysis.
11. Discuss the psychobiology of topic or topicalization behavior.
12. Design a self¸verbalization training procedure for modifying a personÔs thought and judgment using a baseline¸intervention approach for daily round discourse thinking or interior dialog.
13. Discuss the types of discourse and how to teach each.
14. Why do we talk and what place does it have in human affairs.