2. Jeff: Who's going to say grace?
3. Christy: Grace!
4. Christy: I think you should, Jeff, you're the most holy of us.
5. Tom: Yeah Well, let's open the champagne first.
6. Jeff: Oooh! Excellente ! (Starts taking off foil from around cork of champagne
7. Doris: Watch it! (laughing)
8. Christy: Yeah, don't do it while it's facing anyone, I wouldn't think.
9. Doris: (Reading directions from bottle) "hold bottle firmly while removing cork, pointing bottle away from people."
10. Tom: Just when you pull it off, make sure you hold on to the top, or it'll shoot.
(Jeff unravels wire around plastic cork)
11. Doris: Take cover
12. Tom: No, it's not that bad. (Laughs)
(Jeff pops the cork)
13. Tom: There you go.
14. Christy: What a professional!
15. Doris: He always winds up doing this. We went to a wedding one time. They couldn't get the champagne bottle open. These two waitresses were trying and trying to get them open and he...
16. Tom: We had this champagne last time. (Referring to Christy's birthday celebration).
17. Jeff: Umm, and the lilikoi - no, it was haupia cake, that was it.
18. Christy: Oh, was that when we had that?
19. Tom: Yup.20. Doris: Umm-hmm.
21. Christy: Oh, you had it when I came home, too, remember?
22. Tom: Umm-humm.
23. Christy: Well...
24. Jeff: Well, shall we toast Shall we toast...to the newlyweds I (Imitating an announcer's voice).
27. Doris: Another one!
28. Christy: That's pretty good, a month later still. The party never ends! And we're having another one, next month. (Laughs).
(Jeff opens card on top of gift)
30. Jeff: (Reading card) "Awake with a winged heart and give thanks to another day of loving. Hope you have a long and happy life together.
31. Christy: Yay!
32. Jeff: Let's see what we got.
33. Doris: (Opens gift). Oh, boy! A yogurt maker! Just what we needed.
34. Jeff: A yogurt maker!
35. Christy: I figured you needed a new toy, right ? (Tom laughs) 36. Christy: ...to add to your collection.
37. Doris: Oh yes ! I've been wanting to get one of these, and I never do. I always needed one.
38. Christy: Yeah, I'm curious to know how it works.
39. Doris: David got one of these from Karen and Wayne for Christmas. (Referring to people she and Christy had worked with in a previous job).
40. Christy: A yogurt maker for David? Does he eat the stuff?
41: Doris: Oh, yeah. He likes health foods, he loves it.
42. Christy: I didn't know that.
43. Doris: Oh, yes.
44. Jeff: A city boy who likes....
45. Doris: Oh, he loves his health foods. He's always going to the health food store during lunch time.
46. Jeff: Thank you! Thank you! (teasingly)
47. Christy: You're welcome.
48. Jeff: Thank you, thank you.
49. Doris: Every time I go to the store and tell him - we never have the money. (Then referring to the gift) That's good.
50. Christy: Yeah, and it's not very expensive.
51. Doris: Where did you get this, at Liberty House?
52. Christy: No, I got it at Golden Temple.
53. Doris: Oh, really?
54. Jeff: On Keeaumoku...
55. Oh, that's why you always tell me you're going there. (laughs)
56. Doris: Deena has one of those. Dave makes all their yogurt from that.
57. Jeff: Oh good, you can make me lunch. (Laughs).
58. Doris: You can put fruit, preserves in there.
59. Christy: Um hmm, you can put whatever you want.
60. It probably has recipes in there, actually. (She glances through recipe book)
61. Christy: Sure.
(Jeff turns on radio on table, which is next to tape recorder).
62. Tom: No, let's not turn on music.
63. Christy: No, don't turn on music.
64. Doris: Turn it off.
(Christy and Tom look at each other and laugh).
65. Jeff: I've been working all day today.
66. Christy: You're the spray man, eh?
67. Jeff: Yeah, spray man of the year.. with goggles and respirator.
68. Doris: I've got Some oil and vinegar dressing, too, if anyone wants that. Does anyone want that?
69. Christy: Less fattening.
70. Doris: Should I get that?
71. Christy: Uh, no, that's okay. asses dressing to Christy).
72. Tom: There's cottage cheese, too.
73. Doris: Is this stuffing or is this We real thing? You used to buy stuffing.
74. Christy: It's croutons. It's good, doesn't have any junk in it.
75. Jeff: You mean preservatives ?
76. Christy: Yeah.
77. Jeff: Did you go over to the Capitol? You said you were. (To Doris)
78. Doris: Go where? The Capitol?
79. Jeff: Yeah, Thursday.
80. Christy: Oh yeah, I went yesterday.
81. Doris: Did you go?
82. Christy: It was very exciting.
83. Doris: Really?
84. Christy: We marched up from Iolani Palace to the Governor's office outside his office - it was great.
85. Jeff: I shook hands with the Governor Wednesday.
86. Christy: How could you? (laughs) How could you do such a thing?
87. Doris: You were talking to him? Did you mention it?
88. Jeff: He was talking with me and a bunch of other guys.
89. Christy: How come? I mean, what was the occasion?
90. Jeff: It was the Japanese Chamber of Commerce, Meet Your Legislators. Since he's Japanese, he can't miss out.
91. Christy: Are you in the Japanese Chamber of Commerce?
92. Jeff: Yeah.
93. Tom: If you want bread...
94. Doris: I'll just grab a little. It's good bread, too. What kind?
|Next Page||Go to Dr. James' Page||Return to My Homepage||Go to my Psy409 Homepage||E-mail me!|